Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Walden Farms Wrap Up

Wow, I had to go back and read the last post because it’s been so long since I’ve been here that I forgot where we last left off, thanks Lacochran for kicking me in to gear. Oh yes, the Walden Farms claim to miracle fat free dressings and mayonnaise. Or shall we call it the most disgusting thing I’ve ever tasted in my life. Well, to get it straight, there are Miracle Whip people (which my husband is team whip, YUCK) and then there are regular mayonnaise people like myself. Give it up to high calorie goodness. Walden Farm’s claim to mayonnaise resembles something between Miracle Whip and Decoupage paste. It has the consistency of water and the taste of grainy Miracle Whip that has too much vinegar in it. In other words it’s just plain gross.

The dressings, on the other hand, are not that bad. I enjoyed the chipotle dressing, even though it was a bit spicy for my taste and I found the Dijon dressing at my local grocer and was pleasantly surprised at the flavor. I’m guessing when you are just putting a bunch of chemicals together to resemble an edible food without any fat, calories or carbs you’re going to have some hits and misses.

No comments: