Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Snowflake Blanket

I like to think of myself as a modern design connoisseur. Some may refer to my need to drool over CB2 and IKEA catalogs as compulsive fanatic behavior but I like to think I’m soaking in the design ideas (or mentally redecorating my entire house). So it’s when I stumble upon a website or post that I think to myself what the french toast? I must share this with the world.



This is one of those great design ideas that upon first glance I was like, yeah that’s pretty cool looking until my eyes traveled a little to the right on the site’s page and I saw that it was $331 usd or $230 pounds in the UK. My heart kinda stopped a little. This, for all intents and purposes, is a fleece piece of fabric that was folded and cut in snowflake pattern. We did this kind of stuff in school with felt and paper. Although it may look nice spread on a bed it still doesn’t even provide the one thing it was meant for, being a blanket, with all the large holes in it. But hey, who am I to stand in the way of contemporary design, oh yeah the mother fucking connoisseur that’s who! This is a great DIY project that you can do and have yourself $331 worth of snowflake fleece blanket. By the way printed fleece is about $11 for 1.5 yards at the big box store. Go forth and create beautiful contemporary design DIY style.

No comments: