Thursday, April 30, 2015

Dr. Jart+ Water Mask

I was clicking along the internet one day when a yahoo story caught my eye. It claimed that you could look younger overnight. Well I'm always up for looking younger as heading into my 40's I've started to develop wrinkles under my eyes. They are not really bad yet but I'd like to prevent them. The story went on to review a couple of different ways to get this miracle look with stuff such as retinol treatments, oils, lotions, etc. But what caught my eye was this thing called a Water Mask.

Sounds hydrating! I liked the sound of it because I have oily skin and putting any lotions on makes me break out. So I went to my go to store Sephora.com and bought Dr Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Max Sleeping Mask. It touts it hydrates your skin with gel and you wake up revitalized and refreshed skin. I know it is a bit pricy at $48 but if it works it would be worth it.

When it arrived I started a night regiment.  I have to admit that usually I'd just go to bed makeup and all.  I know, I know, that is terrible for your skin.  So I got some Noxzema to wash my face with.  I like the cooling sensation and it's chock full of good oils for your skin.  Then Dr. Jart+ Water Mask.  The next morning my face felt good.  I washed the mask off and I could actually see a decrease in the puffiness around my eyes!

It was worth the $48!  The wrinkles that were starting around my eyes were halted in their tracks.  Yes there was a notable difference after using this product.  I used the whole container which lasted almost a year.  You just need one to two little pumps of this stuff a night to cover your face.  So when I ran out I went back to Sephora.com.

There's a new water mask that Dr. Jart+ makes called the Premium Firming Water Mask.  If it was anything like the first one I was definitely going for it.  It is also priced at $48.  I like that this one also contains Kava.  Kava is a root herb that promotes sleep, calming and helps with anxiety.  When using the Premium Mask I sleep better and still get the benefits of hydrating my skin.  I like them both equally but would recommend the Premium Mask over the Water Fuse Mask just for the addition of the calming helpful sleep additive. 
Do you have a "go to" product that you use to help your skin?  If so let me know in the comments.  Now that I have a regimen I might look into adding some eye defining overnight creams or lip repair overnight balm.

No comments: