Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Atkins Diet

The Atkins Diet is one of the most popular diet trends around. It incorporates eating different types of low carb, high protein foods to regulate weight. The thing that sold me on the Atkins was the Induction Phase, where you eat nothing but protein enriched foods like eggs and bacon. Mmmmm bacon. So I did the Induction Phase and that’s about as far as I got because I lost 5 pounds but I felt lethargic and sick ALL THE TIME. Not just regular, oh I’m dieting so I have to find something wrong with it sick but really violently ill sick. I guess my body disliked “jump starting” as the Atkins diet puts it. Needless to say I stopped that diet immediately and funny, my sickness went away. Atkins, or what I call it Yakins, may be the right diet for some but definitely not for me.

No comments: